Legal Officer I – Legislative Drafting, Research and Public Education - KLRC 7: Six (6) Posts V/No. 3/2017
Salary Scale: Kshs. 41, 590 x 2,070 – 43,660 x 2,220 – 45,880 x 2,310 – 48,190 x 2,400 – 50,590 x 2,550- 53,140 x 2,700- 55,840 pm. [KLRC 7]
Terms of Service: Permanent
House Allowance: Kshs. 28,000 p.m. (Nairobi),
Non Practicing Allowance: Kshs. 15,000 p.m.
State Counsel Allowance: Kshs. 30,000 p.m.
Responsibility Allowance: Kshs. 3, 200 p.m.
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.8,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: Kshs.6,000 p.a.
Medical cover: As applicable to KLRC Staff
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:-
- Review guidelines on legislative services;
- Receive drafting instructions from ministries and agencies;
- Carryout constitutional, policy and legal analysis;
- Prepare legislative plan for each Bill;
- Draft the initial draft Bill(s);
- Advise on proposals for legislation and statutory interpretation;
- Analyze input from stakeholders;
- Prepare final/ editing Bills;
- Prepare legal opinions;
- Respond to queries from members of the public; and
- Prepare work plan for the commission.
Requirements for appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Three (3) years post qualification experience;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Be of high integrity and demonstrate professional Competence.
If you are interested in any of the positions, please send two (2) copies of your application, a detailed current curriculum vitae indicating your e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. You should also give names of three referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, KLRC and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices on 3rd floor, Re- Insurance Plaza Room 321 by latest 15th May, 2017.
KENYA LAW REFORM COMMISSION
RE- INSURANCE PLAZA3RDFLOOR
P.O. BOX 34999 - 00100
The Commission will only contact shortlisted applicants.
The KLRC is an equal opportunity employer.