Senior Legal Officer - Public Education KLRC 6: One (1) Post V/No. 2/2017
Salary Scale: Kshs. 48, 190 x 2, 400 – 50,590 x 2, 550 – 53,140 x 2, 700 – 55,840 x 3, 000 – 58,840 x 3,150- 61,990 x3, 300- 65,290 pm. [KLRC 6]
Terms of Service: Permanent
House Allowance: Kshs. 35,000 p.m. (Nairobi),
Non Practicing Allowance: Kshs. 15,000 p.m.
State Counsel Allowance: Kshs. 30,000 p.m.
Responsibility Allowance: Kshs. 3,200 p.m.
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.8,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: Kshs.6,000 p.a.
Medical cover: As applicable to KLRC Staff
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:-
- Identify stakeholders;
- Develop information education and communication (IEC) materials-research paper, concept notes, draft manuals, draft bills etc ;
- Prepare comparative analysis reports;
- Carry out constitutional, legal and policy analysis;
- Ensure compliance with regional and international instruments to which Kenya is a party;
- Ensure constitutional implementation-protection of human rights, national values, rule of law, good governance, ethics , accountability and integrity;
- Organize public consultation in the development of laws/ organizing and conducting stakeholder forums;
- Conduct public legal education;
- Respond to public enquires on various laws;
- Collect and compile stakeholder input;
- Incorporate stakeholder comments and finalization of Bills/policies or reports;
- Formulate policies on legal issues and administration of justice;
- Ensure law reform and harmonization of laws with the Constitution;
- Provide in-house legal advice to Ministries and departments;
- Provide technical assistance to the county governments;
- Assist county governments in development of bills; and policies.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- At least 5 years of working experience;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Be of high integrity and demonstrate professional Competence;
- Certificate in communication skills from a recognized institution;
- Senior Management Course or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following skills:-
- Oral/written Communication skills;
- Administration skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Report writing skills; and
- Interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in any of the positions, please send two (2) copies of your application, a detailed current curriculum vitae indicating your e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. You should also give names of three referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, KLRC and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices on 3rd floor, Re- Insurance Plaza Room 321 by latest 15th May, 2017.
KENYA LAW REFORM COMMISSION
RE- INSURANCE PLAZA3RDFLOOR
P.O. BOX 34999 - 00100
The Commission will only contact shortlisted applicants.
The KLRC is an equal opportunity employer.
- < Legal Officer I – Legislative Drafting, Research and Public Education - KLRC 7: Six (6) Posts V/No. 3/2017
- Senior Legal Research Officer - KLRC 6: One (1) Post V/No. 1/2017 >