Senior Legal Research Officer - KLRC 6: One (1) Post V/No. 1/2017
Salary Scale: Kshs. 48, 190 x 2,400 – 50,590 x 2,550 – 53,140 x 2, 700 – 55,840 x 3, 000 – 58,840 x 3,150- 61,990 x 3, 300- 65,290 pm. [KLRC 6]
Terms of Service: Permanent
House Allowance: Kshs. 35,000 p.m. (Nairobi),
Non Practicing Allowance: Kshs. 15,000 p.m.
State Counsel Allowance: Kshs. 30,000 p.m.
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.8,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: Kshs.6,000 p.a.
Medical cover: As applicable to KLRC Staff
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:-
- Identify research topics, undertake legal research, and prepare research papers, concept papers and comparative analysis reports;
- Carryout constitutional, legal and policy analysis;
- Liaise with the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice;
- Prepare legal opinions, legal and other reports;
- Ensure compliance with regional and international instruments to which Kenya is a party;
- Formulate policies on legal issues and administration of justice;
- Provide in-house legal advice to Ministries and departments;
- Collaborate with other research institutions;
- Conduct regulatory impact assessments (RIAs) ;
- Represent KLRC in professional local, national and international fora on law reform.
Requirements for appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Served in the grade of Legal Officer Research for a minimum period of three years or in an equivalent position;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Be of high integrity and demonstrate professional competence.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following skills:-
- Oral/written communication skills;
- Administration skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Analytical skills; and
- Report writing skills.
If you are interested in any of the positions, please send two (2) copies of your application, a detailed current curriculum vitae indicating your e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. You should also give names of three referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, KLRC and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices on 3rd floor, Re- Insurance Plaza Room 321 by latest 15th May, 2017.
KENYA LAW REFORM COMMISSION
RE- INSURANCE PLAZA3RDFLOOR
P.O. BOX 34999 - 00100
The Commission will only contact shortlisted applicants.
The KLRC is an equal opportunity employer.
- < Senior Legal Officer - Public Education KLRC 6: One (1) Post V/No. 2/2017
- Full KLRC Vacancies 2017 >