Constitution of Kenya
150. Removal of Deputy President
Parent Category: Chapter Nine - The Executive
(1) The Deputy President may be removed from office--
(a) on the ground of physical or mental incapacity to perform the functions of the office; or
(b) on impeachment--
(i) on the ground of a gross violation of a provision of this Constitution or any other law;
(ii) where there are serious reasons to believe that the Deputy President has committed a crime under national or international law; or
(iii) for gross misconduct.
(2) The provisions of Articles 144 and 145 relating to the removal of the President shall apply, with the necessary modifications,to the removal of the Deputy President.
- < 149. Vacancy in the office of Deputy President
- 151. Remuneration and benefits of President and Deputy President >