Constitution of Kenya
231. Central Bank of Kenya
Parent Category: Chapter Twelve - Public Finance
(1) There is established the Central Bank of Kenya.
(2) The Central Bank of Kenya shall be responsible for formulating monetary policy, promoting price stability, issuing currency and performing other functions conferred on it by an Act of Parliament.
(3) The Central Bank of Kenya shall not be under the direction or control of any person or authority in the exercise of its powers or in the performance of its functions.
(4) Notes and coins issued by the Central Bank of Kenya may bear images that depict or symbolise Kenya or an aspect of Kenya but shall not bear the portrait of any individual.
(5) An Act of Parliament shall provide for the composition, powers, functions and operations of the Central Bank of Kenya.