Constitution of Kenya
206. Consolidated Fund and other public funds
(1) There is established the Consolidated Fund into which shall be paid all money raised or received by or on behalf of the national government, except money that--
(a) is reasonably excluded from the Fund by an Act of Parliament and payable into another public fund established for a specific purpose; or
(b) may, under an Act of Parliament, be retained by the State organ that received it for the purpose of defraying the expenses of the State organ.
(2) Money may be withdrawn from the Consolidated Fund only--
(a) in accordance with an appropriation by an Act of Parliament;
(b) in accordance with Article 222 or 223; or
(c) as a charge against the Fund as authorised by this Constitution or an Act of Parliament.
(3) Money shall not be withdrawn from any national public fund other than the Consolidated Fund, unless the withdrawal of the money has been authorised by an Act of Parliament.
(4) Money shall not be withdrawn from the Consolidated Fund unless the Controller of Budget has approved the withdrawal.