Constitution of Kenya
195. County assembly power to summon witnesses
Parent Category: Chapter Eleven - Devolved Government
(1) A county assembly or any of its committees has power to summon any person to appear before it for the purpose of giving evidence or providing information.
(2) For the purposes of clause (1), an assembly has the same powers as the High Court to--
(a) enforce the attendance of witnesses and examining them on oath, affirmation or otherwise;
(b) compel the production of documents; and
(c) issue a commission or request to examine witnesses abroad.
- < 194. Vacation of office of member of county assembly
- 196. Public participation and county assembly powers, privileges and immunities >