Constitution of Kenya
181. Removal of a county governor
Parent Category: Chapter Eleven - Devolved Government
(1) A county governor may be removed from office on any of the following grounds--
(a) gross violation of this Constitution or any other law;
(b) where there are serious reasons for believing that the county governor has committed a crime under national or international law;
(c) abuse of office or gross misconduct; or
(d) physical or mental incapacity to perform the functions of office of county governor.
(2) Parliament shall enact legislation providing for the procedure of removal of a county governor on any of the grounds specified in clause (1).
- < 180. Election of county governor and deputy county governor
- 182. Vacancy in the office of county governor >