Constitution of Kenya
136. Election of the President
Parent Category: Chapter Nine - The Executive
(1) The President shall be elected by registered voters in a national election conducted in accordance with this Constitution and any Act of Parliament regulating presidential elections.
(2) An election of the President shall be held--
(a) on the same day as a general election of Members of Parliament, being the second Tuesday in August, in every fifth year; or
(b) in the circumstances contemplated in Article 146.
- < 135. Decisions of the President
- 137. Qualifications and disqualifications for election as President >