Constitution of Kenya
9. National symbols and national days
Parent Category: The Constitution of Kenya
(1) The national symbols of the Republic are --
(a) the national flag;
(b) the national anthem;
(c) the coat of arms; and
(d) the public seal.
(2) The national symbols are as set out in the Second Schedule.
(3) The national days are --
(a) Madaraka Day, to be observed on 1st June;
(b) Mashujaa Day, to be observed on 20th October; and
(c) Jamhuri Day, to be observed on 12th December.
(4) A national day shall be a public holiday.
(5) Parliament may enact legislation prescribing other public holidays, and providing for observance of public holidays.