Constitution of Kenya
83. Registration as a voter
Parent Category: Chapter Seven - Representation of the People
(1) A person qualifies for registration as a voter at elections or referenda if the person--
(a) is an adult citizen;
(b) is not declared to be of unsound mind; and
(c) has not been convicted of an election offence during the preceding five years.
(2) A citizen who qualifies for registration as a voter shall be registered at only one registration centre.
(3) Administrative arrangements for the registration of voters and the conduct of elections shall be designed to facilitate, and shall not deny, an eligible citizen the right to vote or stand for election.
- < 82. Legislation on elections
- 84. Candidates for election and political parties to comply with code of conduct >