Constitution of Kenya
197. County assembly gender balance and diversity
Parent Category: Chapter Eleven - Devolved Government
(1) Not more than two-thirds of the members of any county assembly or county executive committee shall be of the same gender.
(2) Parliament shall enact legislation to--
(a) ensure that the community and cultural diversity of a county is reflected in its county assembly and county executive committee; and
(b) prescribe mechanisms to protect minorities within counties.
- < 196. Public participation and county assembly powers, privileges and immunities
- 198. County government during transition >