Constitution of Kenya
147. Functions of the Deputy President
Parent Category: Chapter Nine - The Executive
(1) The Deputy President shall be the principal assistant of the President and shall deputise for the President in the execution of the President's functions.
(2) The Deputy President shall perform the functions conferred by this Constitution and any other functions of the President as the President may assign.
(3) Subject to Article 134, when the President is absent or is temporarily incapacitated, and during any other period that the President decides, the Deputy President shall act as the President.
(4) The Deputy President shall not hold any other State or public office.