Constitution of Kenya
116. Coming into force of laws
Parent Category: Chapter Eight - The Legislature
(1) A Bill passed by Parliament and assented to by the President shall be published in the Gazette as an Act of Parliament within seven days after assent.
(2) Subject to clause (3), an Act of Parliament comes into force on the fourteenth day after its publication in the Gazette, unless the Act stipulates a different date on or time at which it will come into force.
(3) An Act of Parliament that confers a direct pecuniary interest on members of Parliament shall not come into force until after the next general election of members of Parliament.
(4) Clause (3) does not apply to an interest that members of Parliament have as members of the public.