Constitution of Kenya
78. Citizenship and leadership
Parent Category: The Constitution of Kenya
(1) A person is not eligible for election or appointment to a State office unless the person is a citizen of Kenya.
(2) A State officer or a member of the defence forces shall not hold dual citizenship.
(3) Clauses (1) and (2) do not apply to--
(a) judges and members of commissions; or
(b) any person who has been made a citizen of another country by operation of that country’s law, without ability to opt out.
- < 77. Restriction on activities of State officers
- 79. Legislation to establish the ethics and anti-corruption commission >